Wednesday 20 October 2010

FUNKE AKINDELE STARS AS "MAAMI"






Mainframe Film and Television Productions is in the process of birthing another blockbuster.They have always been at the forefront in production of very lovely and educative movies which include:Arugba,Ti Oluwa Nile, Ayo ni Mo fe, Magun(Thunderbolt), Saworoide, Agogo Eewo to mention a few

Well "Maami"(my mother) is the latest movie. "I have always carried a camera with me all my life and it is so strange that I never took a picture with my late mum. I remember her everyday, more so when I am about to make a film titled "Maami",says producer Tunde Kelani.

Award winning actress Funke Akindele stars as Maami - the story revolves around Kashimawo, a successful footballer who, in the period leading to the 2010 World Cup, reminisces about his hardscrabble childhood in the southern Nigerian town of Abeokuta.

On Saturday, cast and crew arrived on location at 7:00am to begin shooting the movie. Tunde Kelani deliberated over the establishing shot of Ma’ami’s compound, choreographing every detail from old men playing mancala to the town tailor mending clothes on the steps.

Will Funke Akindele shed her “Jenifa” nickname to be known as “Ma’ami”? Only time will tell.

No comments: