Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Pat Utomi, Abike Dabiri, Tunde Bakare, Poju Oyemade, Omotola, Banky W, others for The Future Pre-Awards Conference January 29!
Registration has begun for the annual The Future Pre-Awards “Do Something” Conference. This is the third edition of the conference and it holds on Saturday, 29 January 2011 at the Main Auditorium of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba by 11am.
The awards proper hold the next day at Landmark Events Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
“The 'Do Something Conference' is always an attempt to use the popularity and network of the awards to motivate young Nigerians in whatever field,” said Kenneth Oliko, the awards’ spokesperson. “Young people are always seen to complain about how difficult Nigeria is and the many challenges that they face; but this conference shows them role models who have survived with integrity in spite of these challenges and who have excelled. With this conference, we are leading young people to stop complaining, stop waiting, stop wanting and start acting – to go out and improve their work or businesses, or to make change happen in Nigeria.”
The conference is a rare opportunity for these young Nigerians to meet with high-achieving role models who they would otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. The speakers don’t give lectures – rather, the participants ask them any questions on their minds about how they
succeeded or how they achieved and get real time responses that are practical and useful.
As usual, it promises to be an explosive session with speakers such as
• Professor Pat Utomi (Director, Centre for Applied Economics, Lagos
• Abike Dabiri (Member, House of Representatives)
• Dr. Rasheed Gbadamosi (Former Chairman, Petroleum Product Pricing
and Regulatory Agency)
• Professor Oye Ibidapo-Obe (Former Vice Chancellor, University of Lagos/President, Nigeria Academy of Science)
• Tonye Cole (Executive Director, Sahara Group)
• Pastor Tunde Bakare (Senior Pastor, Latter Rain Assembly/Founder,
Save Nigeria Group)
• Poju Oyemade (Senior Pastor, Covenant Christian Centre)
• Betty Irabor (Publisher, Genevieve Magazine)
• Iretiola Doyle (Actress/TV Presenter)
• Steve Babaeko (Creative Director, 141 Worldwide)
• Banky W (Musician/Performer)
• Ayo Animashaun (Founder Hip Hop World Awards and Executive Producer HIP on TV)
• Debbie Ogunjobi (C.E.O Every woman)
• Kemi Adetiba (Director/ TV Presenter)
• Tosyn Bucknor (Radio Presenter/Writer)
• Fela Durotoye (Development Strategist)
• Nicholas Okoye (CEO, Anabel)
• Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde (Actress/Musician)
• Peace Anyiam-Osigwe (CEO, AMAA Awards)
Tickets are now on sale for N1000 (however for students with ID cards, they go for N500). The tickets are available at any Ouch! shop in Lagos Surulere, Maryland, Ikota or the Silverbird Galleria - or at the venue of the conference – Unilag Main Auditorium.
Participants who want confirmed seats can however register on www.thefuturenigeria.com.
This event is supported by Access Bank, HiTV and the Miccom Golf Resorts. Official Media Partners are Y! (www.ynaija.com), Cool FM and Wazobia FM.
Posted by HOMEMADE ENTERTAINMENT at Wednesday, January 12, 2011