Saturday 9 April 2011

BRAND NEW VIDEO---MI FT WAJE---->ONE NAIRA

THIS beautiful video thanks to SKANK.

FADE IN

SCENE I: AT HOME–DAY

LOCATION: some slum in Lagos. The apartment is this face-me-I-face-you type

MI

(Wakes up from his mat on the floor which he was sleeping on and walks to compound where he finds Waje sweeping. He smiles and tiptoes to her and tickles her)

WAJE

(Startled and turns around)

(Smiles)

MI

(Smiles)

Hey princess, I’m so into you

(They both hug)

Cos you see past where my revenue

(He places his one hand on her cheek with the other on the waist and they both look into each other’s eyes)

Is and love me for me, clever you

(She uses her hand to indicate “don’t mention/it’s nothing” and continues sweeping)

Leave you; that is something I’d never do

(He says this behind her while she’s sweeping)

Other girls just wanna get rich quick

(Taps her to show her girls across the street in miniskirts and revealing clothes adjusting themselves and pushing up their breasts waiting for men)

See them running things like Olympics

(Cars stops in front the girls across the road and picks up two)

Married men chopping them like biscuits

(The car stops in front of a hotel and the girls come out of the cars in ‘arms-in-arms’)

They’re fast food girls; they fish stinks

(They girls and the man come out of the hotel all of them adjusting their clothes like they just had sex)

But what we have is realistic

(MI uses his hand to move Waje’s face to himself in order to get her attention)

There’s no forming girl, no film tricks

(Talks to her while using his hand to demonstrate. Then he sees a girl walking down the street and get distracted because the girl is giving him the ‘green light’)

WAJE

(Gets jealous)

(Pushes him and walks away)

MI

I no go chop outside, no picnics

(Runs to Waje to apologize to her)

Because you and I are both the statistics

(Touches her)

WAJE

(Pushes his hand away)

MI

It don’t matter if I got ego, we got something we can build on lego

WAJE

(Turns around to look at him)

MI

(Smiles)

And even if your friends don’t say so, what do they know

(They both hug)



SCENE II- OUTDOOR KITCHEN

WAJE (chorus)

Whether na one naira

(Blows the firewood)

Whether na one million

(Cleans the sweat off her face)

Baby you got me

(Turns the soup)

Baby you got me

Whether na one naira

(Uses a hand fan to blow the fire)

Whether na one million

Baby you go me

(Turns the eba)

Baby you go me



SCENE III- AT A BUILDING SITE



WAJE

(Arrives the building site and looks around for MI)

You’re the only one that I see, that I see,

(Waves at him)

MI

(Drops the shovel and starts walking towards her)

WAJE

Mu na gin a nu garri

(They both hug)

Whether or not you get money

(They both sit down and see opens up the food she brought for him to start eating)

I’d stay with you if you stay with me.

(MI eating)

MI

(Rushing the food into his mouth)

If you follow stay chop kwa kwa

WAJE

(Smiling)

MI

When I’m living at the bay, Takwa

(Stops eating and drops the plate)

WAJE

(Gives him a sachet of pure water)

MI

Friends with Oprah and Obama

(Opens the water, drinks from it and washes his hands)

Guess who is going to be my baby mama and wifey

(She asks ‘who?’ silently)

BRYMO

You

(At the other end of the building site to his girlfriend)

BRYMO’S BABE

(Asks silently ‘for real?’)

MI

Precisely

Cos you loving me when nobody liked me

And you feeling me when nobody hype me

(Puts his hand on her face)

And when the money comes, you are going to be beside me

WAJE

(Smiles and packs the dishes)

You’re a diamond you’re priceless

A lot of girls shine neither brightest

WAJE

(Feels shy and removes her face. Then she stands up to walk away)

MI

(Rushes after her)

If you ever leave me like this, I’ll follow you like three blind mices(MI shelled here sha,plural of mouse is mice)

(Turns her around)

So here’s my proposal baby

(Puts his hand on his chest)

Love me though the money is a maybe

And if your friends say that you’re crazy

(Her friends passing stop to talk and laugh at her)

WAJE

(Feels sad)

MI

(Uses his hand to demonstrate ‘forget them/leave them’)

What can they see?



SCENE IV- WAJE’S KIOSK



(Throughout the whole chorus she going to be at her kiosk attending to customers who come to her to buy stuffs)



SCENE V- AT BRYMO’S HOUSE



BRYMO

(Enters his house)

(Drops his carpentry bag/kit and goes to where he sees his babe sitting down and thinking)

You know I love you honey

(She looks at him)

If no be situation, if say I get money

(Holds her hand)

Hold better occupation

Anywhere you want we go fly

(Using his hand to demonstrate)

Anything you say you want I’m gon’ buy

(She smiles at him)

Just to show you baby girl what you mean to me

(They both hold hands and put their faces together)

Let’ take it easy girl





SCENE VI- ON THE ROAD

MI

Until we get there

Things are hard right now, a lot of stress yeah

(Both of them trying to struggle into a bus but fail)

WAJE

(Looks frustrated and disappointed)

MI

(Turns to her)

But I promise to give you my best yeah

(Holds her hand they start walking home)

I put my right hand on my chest yeah

(Puts his right hand one his chest as they are trekking)

No money in the world can pay for, this feeling when I fell when you say you’re

(Stands in from of her)

My girl, I’m your king, I’m your mayor

(Goes on one knee to propose; maybe with a cheap ass ring)

I love you forever and a day more

WAJE

(In tears)

Chorus

No comments: