Friday 17 September 2010

JAZZ






He’s known simply as Jazz, real name, Lanre Aluko-Olokun. He combines being a Singer/Songwriter with Fashion Designing. His work with Lorenzo Duffle Bag Designs was featured on Bella Naija earlier this year.

From a performance at the Indigo O2, for the Pride of Motherland show, to Taruwa and coming in 3rd at THE UNDERGROUND in Zamunda and a radio interview with Tosyn Bucknor on Top Radio,his act is moving up and very fast too. He’s billed to open the show for the UK leg of eLDee‘s Is It Your Money tour at Zanzi Bar in London
Homemade entertainment interviewed him on his music,his Lorenzo duffle bag designs and inspiration....

1.TELL US A BIT ABOUT LANRE ALUKO-OLOKUN.

Lanre Aluko-Olokun is a God fearing go getter .. I am the 'student' in the trio of singer,designer and student lol... the brain box. I Don't really know what to say about myself words literally cant describe!


2.THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN I HEAR "JAZZ" IS THE GENRE OF MUSIC JAZZ... WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT PARTICULAR STAGE NAME?

There is this mystery surrounding the name. It is catchy and unique + I love the genre and my voice has links to it. I found it and loved it immediately



3.HOW DID YOU GET INTO MUSIC?

I have always been into the arts right from primary school always loved music + writing, once I found out I could sing I went for it.


4.THERE IS ALSO LORENZO DUFFLE BAGS AND DESIGNS,THAT'S BRILLIANT,HOW DID YOU GET THAT STARTED UP AND WHAT WAS THE MOTIVATION?

Thank You. In my spare time as a child while others played football and ten ten lol apart from singing, I designed ,just drew away. I never knew i would pursue it but my high school grad class of 07 in Dowen College Lagos Nigeria decided to throw a fashion show for charity tagged 'HYPNOTIQ"i designed in the show and then and there with the crowds flair towards my designs I knew it was for me!!!
The motivation at that time came from God, my mother and Literature teacher Mrs Oge Ekpe.


5.YOU ARE OPENING THE SHOW FOR ELDEE'S LONDON TOUR..THAT'S A VERY HUGE DEAL,HOW DID U SCORE THAT?

Yes I am and yes it is. It was God's doing AND HARD WORK being viewed by the right people. As an artist I ensure all my songs are from the heart and done diligently to perfection (I am somewhat of a perfectionist) because of this my work gets acknowledged. You can say hardwork pays ...



6.APART FROM THIS SHOW YOUR ABOUT TO DO,WHAT OTHER SHOWS HAVE YOU DONE?

Just to name a few I have performed at the Indigo2 a show tagged 'Pride of the motherland' feat vocal slender. i have also performed at various shows all over the U.K from London to even Huddersfield. In Nigeria I performed at a show called 'The Underground; where I came 3rd place and got interviewed by Tosyn Bucknor of Top radio.



7.WHAT ARE THE REACTIONS OF YOUR PARENTS?

They are in full support as long as i finish my education and thats my 1st priority as at now!



8.YOU ARE STILL A STUDENT,HOW DO YOU COMBINE BOTH WORLDS?

Yes I am and to be honest its God because I excel in all I do!!! Thank God for that!



9.IS THIS A HOBBY OR ITS FULL TIME WORK?

DEFINITELY FULL TIME!!!



10..WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

GOD, MY MOTHER,LIFE AND ITS EXPERIENCES!



11. FOR YOU TO HAVE JUST DECIDED TO START UP ALL THESE,YOU MUST HAVE HAD MENTORS,WHO ARE THEY AND WHY THEM?

MY MENTORS ARE MY MOTHER, MY TUTOR MRS EKPE .. THEY DIRECTED ME ON THE RIGHT PATH!



12...AS MUCH AS MUSICIANS THESE DAYS SAY ITS ALL ABOUT THE PASSION,WE KNOW THE MONEY IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR AS WELL... HOW IS THAT ASPECT DOING?

GOOD .. GOOD!



13.WORDS TO YOUR FANS AND THOSE THAT WANT TO FOLLOW IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS...

TO MY FANS THANK YOU FOR THE CONTINUOUS SUPPORT MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL MAKE SURE YOU COME FOR THE ELDEE SHOW OH LOL :)!!

FOLLOWERS REMEMBER TO TRUST GOD REMAIN HUMBLE AND IN TIME ALL WOULD PASS!

FOLLOW HIS LINKS:
MUSIC: http://www.reverbnation.com/jazzofficial


Lorenzo dufflebag on BELLA NAIJA DESIGNS: http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/03/24/lanre-aluko-introduces-lorenzo-duffle-bag-designs-ldb/

Jazz on BELLA NAIJA MUSIC: http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/09/10/new-music-jazz-no-song/

No comments: